Friday, June 26, 2015

metaphysical thinking



Artist/curator  Lise Melhorn Boe invited me to participate in A Book Arts Mosaic, a collection of 38 Canadian book artists.  Each artist was to create an original edition of 25 books so that boxes of books could then go into libraries and collections across the country.  There were 25 such boxes, each containing 26 books.

I made 30 scrolls so that I could keep five for myself.  (I have now given all but one of those away.)

Transferred text asking questions such as 'who am I?', 'what is real?' or phrases such as 'the idea of self' , and 'think'...accompany images of thoughtful women gleaned from magazines that year.  The most important marks however are the hand stitches in the flannel fabric.

I regret that I don't have better photos of this series.

2005

number 102

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love the idea of anything handmade. The artist's heart and soul manifested into a physical piece of art. :) <3

LT said...

I love this. SO MUCH!